Subject: Re: rubber face
From: Hammed Malik <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 23:37:54 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> You may want to play with the BGConform (Background conform). You'll 
> get the best results with this plug-in when the background object has 
> a lot more points that the foreground object.

This message probably belongs in the plugins list but I thought someone 
here might know.

At a recent Alias demo, I saw a tool which restricts the movement of 
vertices of a foreground object along the surface of a background 
object.  For example, you can put a copy of a human head in the 
background layer and when you move vertices defining eyebrows for the 
foreground copy, the points move up or down along the surface defining 
the forehead.  My question is:

Is it possible to create interactive plugins (such as the one 
described above) in Modeler?  My concern is that most plugins that I've 
seen do something (after locking the user out of the interface) and 
quit.  THis plugin would have to stay resident after being invoked in 
order to restrict movement of vertices that are modified later.

Hammed